Narrative Assessment Protocol
The NAP was developed to provide a brief and cost-effective narrative assessment tool for use with young children (pre-k through 2nd grade) that is easy to administer and score.
This tool is designed to be used as a routine part of language screening and assessment by education professionals, clinicians, and other allied professionals.
The NAP, once scored, provides a comprehensive summary of a child's narrative skills with information about how often the child uses each of 20 different narrative skills.
The NAP includes the following materials:
- A series of four wordless picture books that were developed specifically for this project to elicit narratives from children
- Administration directions
- A scoring form
Become a certified NAP user by completing the following steps:
- Watch the 5 training videos.
- Watch videos of the NAP being administered and scored.
- Practice scoring several NAP videos and compare your scores to the master scores.
- Complete the certification scoring test by viewing and scoring 3 videos. You must achieve 80% correct scoring across all three videos to be certified to use the NAP.